It is expected that 5 compounds are discovered which qualify as development candidates, either for cosmetic or agrochemical use. As an added benefit of the project, an extract library of considerable size and chemodiversity, and a series of compound sub-libraries around selected natural product scaffolds will be generated. These libraries can be used for future screenings for other types of biological properties.
The lead users will be the industrial partners in the consortium who will pursue the further development of the candidate compounds identified in the project.
The results will be disseminated mainly via contributions at scientific congresses, workshops, research publications and patent applications, and by information to the non-scientific community via the press and other media.
- About the project
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA)
- The University of Basel (UNIBAS)
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- Universidad de Panamá (CIFLORPAN)
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- BASF SE
- KORRES S. A.
- Bruker BioSpin GmbH (Germany)
- National Centre for Scientific Research “Demokritos” (NCSRD)