Institution: KORRES S. A.
Department: Research and Development
Role in project: KORRES is responsible for WP5 (Development) and will be implemented at WP3 (Bioevaluation), WP6 (Dissemination) and WP7 (Project management)
- Leader of WP5
- Participation in WP3, WP6 and WP7
Brief description of Organisation:
KORRES natural products S.A is a Greek company with roots in the first Homeopathic Pharmacy of Athens. Set up in 1996 with the aim to utilise its extensive scientific resources for the creation of beneficial and safe products, the company today offers a complete skin and hair care range, make-up, sun care products and herbal preparations.
The company today offers more than 500 skin and hair care products and herbal preparations. They can be found in 25 Korres stores and at leading department stores in 30 countries around the world. In Greece, Korres’ products are distributed to more than 5000 pharmacies.
There are four types of active herbal ingredients used in our syntheses:
- Unique herbs of the Mediterranean flora, known for their traditional use: Olive oil, Basil, Camomile, Fennel, Sage, Linden, Rosemary, Mastiha
- Medicinal herbs – our pharmacy heritage: Aloe vera, St. John’s Wort, Evening primrose, Rosa moschata, Thyme, Calendula, Echinacea, Ginkgo biloba, Ginseng, Hamamelis
- New advanced herbal ingredients, the latest outcome of the international research in Cosmetology: Watermelon bioactive extract, Hibiscus, Argan, Andiroba, Wild Mango, Mourera fluviatilis, Imperata cylindrica, Sunflower
- Food ingredients in their original edible form in order to maintain their properties in the cosmetic formula: real edible Yoghurt and Thyme Honey
At the same time the company is committed to continuously developing the base of formulas using technology and research in more environment friendly and skin-compatible ways.
In cooperation with academic partners KORRES is involved in industrial research development programmes, with object the use of new advanced herbal ingredients.
The company is fully equipped with extract manufacturing process includes the following stages: plant exsiccation using natural methods, washing and drying of plants, plant comminution, pilot extraction by using 2 percolators, vacuum concentration of liquid extract, vacuum drying of concentrated liquid extract.
Short Profile of Staff and relevant experience:
- K. Vasilatou, Chemist – Supervising the Development and Quality Control Department. She is the contact person with the consortium
- G. Lamprinoudakis, Chemist – specialized in the development of new products and he will implemented at the development of the lead compounds.
- A. Georgouda, Chemical engineering- supervising the extraction unit and her role in the project is the supervision of the pilot extraction procedures.
- K. Mouzioura, Chemist – specialized in the extraction process. She will be implemented at the development procedure.
- S. Papakonstantinou, accountant – He will be the contact person of KORRES